Revolutionise your music classroom
Nifty Notes will revolutionize your music classroom and do away with boring, conventional methods of learning forever!
“It was created out of a passion for music and a love of my students, and I would like to share it with yours!”
Karen Dawson, Author/Piano Teacher
The easy way to teach
Nifty Notes – the Dawson Method of Reading Music, is an essential learning tool of vast benefit to students, teachers and schools. It provides teachers with a comprehensive program to give them the confidence to teach the subject of music, with little or no musical knowledge!
More particularly, it also
- Gives teachers the ability to include or exclude any component in any lesson;
- Provides teachers with a “real-time” progress report;
- Provides teachers with the ability to teach students remotely;
- Becomes an essential component to be incorporated in an aural or theory lesson (particularly useful for private instrumental music teachers);
- Provides an opportunity to use percussion instruments more creatively;
- Provides teachers with the flexibility to set tasks at individual levels based on an individual student’s ability and knowledge;
- Provides school administrators the flexibility to assign teaching staff and/or students to other classes if a teacher is absent;
- Provides comprehensive evaluation statistics.
It also crosses other areas of learning, as it:
- improves maths skills,
- improves a student’s sense of rhythm and therefore motor skills,
- encourages strategic thinking,
- promotes confidence in learning,
- promotes creative writing skills (literacy).
What we can do for teachers and schools
- We provide teachers who have little or no musical knowledge with a comprehensive music program that can be confidently implemented
- Teachers can write their own lesson plan within the program, or use our comprehensive “default” lesson plans
- Fully “user-friendly” program that allows teachers to monitor students’ progress, even in “real time”!
- Collect and collate statistics from each student on both individual student level and class level
- Easily set up teachers and classes, and have the flexibility to assign teaching staff and students to other classes if a teacher is absent
- Use the Nifty Notes pre-defined tests or easily write your own, and assign to each student individually or as a group